Business models for construction logistics optimisation and CCC introduction
Guidance document / Manual Method / Approach
- Dissemination and communication
- Exploitation and business plans
- Medium-sized cities
- Large cities
- Metropolitan regions
In response to this problematic caused by the construction industry, the project SUCCESS aims to reduce the negative impacts caused by the freight distribution in urban areas and have a better understanding of its logistic supply chain. In order to do this, the SUCCESS project focuses on the improvement of the supply chain management (i.e. supplier’s cooperation schemes) and the introduction of Construction Consolidation Centres (CCC) to reduce the logistics costs of the construction industry.
The project provides tools and methodologies to design innovative solutions for construction logistics in urban areas. More specifically, the deliverable “D3.3 Business Models Development and Analysis” focuses on the study of business models for the implementation of CCC’s analysing the cooperation and coordination of the Supply Chain stakeholders from three different perspectives: economic, commercial and organisational point of view.
The main objective of the deliverable are the following:
- Elaborate a state of the art of Urban Consolidation Centres (UCC) and CCC analysing the business models applied in different case studies.
- Select the most suitable business models taking into account its commercial, financial and organizational feasibility.
Integrated & inclusive planning
- Spatial planning / land-use planning
- Multimodal hubs
- Cooperation of policy fields and institutional stakeholders
- Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans - SUMP