The Status of SUMPs in EU Member States
Guidance document / Manual
- Data gathering
- Analysis, scenarios and measure selection
- Appraisal and assessment
- Dissemination and communication
- Rural areas
- Small cities
- Medium-sized cities
- Large cities
- Metropolitan regions
A large number of cities throughout Europe still cite a lack of strong technical support and quality control for SUMPs from the national level, thereby hindering SUMP take-up.
To ascertain where and to what extent this applies, SUMPs-Up collaborated closely with CIVITAS PROSPERITY to collect and assess information on SUMP-related national frameworks currently in place in European Union Member States.
This analysis was compiled into the "SUMPs in Member States" report. It focuses on the following key questions:
- the current status of national SUMP programmes in EU Member States;
- successful national programmes and their key contents;
- drivers and barriers linked to sustainable urban mobility planning in cities, regions, and countries;
- the needs of national and regional level representatives for the development and improvement of national programmes.
This report builds on and updates the 2013 “National Inventories Summary” report of the ENDURANCE project, whilst also drawing upon the 2017 national inventories of 30 European countries for input.
In doing so, the report presents national governments with insightful information concerning the current state of their national frameworks relevant to SUMP development and potential areas for improvement.