SIMULATE: HIGHER SAFETY, COMFORT AND EFFICIENCY FOR PEDESTRIAN FLOWS
Consulting upon request.
The project duration for simulations with SIMULATE depends on the complexity of the investigated infrastructure as well as on the number of scenarios.
The application of SIMULATE is either through consultancy or directly by the user. In the latter case, training and support will be offered by AIT.
Layout of the infrastructure (e.g. CAD plans), estimated demands (can be based on historical data or measured in real-world by AIT).
Method / Approach Software
- Data gathering
- Analysis, scenarios and measure selection
- Appraisal and assessment
- Evaluation and monitoring
- Small cities
- Medium-sized cities
- Large cities
- Metropolitan regions
Based on the latest research results and state-of-the-art technologies, AIT offers tailor-made scalable solutions for simulation, analysis and planning.
Visitor, passenger, and customer flows are simulated in a multitude of environments using software tools developed at the AIT. Structural adjustments such as changes to passages, or organisational measures like diversions can be demonstrated and analysed in 2D/3D animations. Measurement data from the actual infrastructure can also be included.
Various optimisation goals can be achieved depending on the task set – this also includes mapping of highly specialised cases, such as the movements of patients in hospitals. Another example is the ideal use of limited space in airports under consideration of security, comfort and commercial aspects.
- Cutting costs by ensuring optimum mobility, efficiency, comfort, and safety;
- Best possible basis for decisions, preventing bad investments for existing and planned environments;
- Flexible scenario technology enables testing of alternative actions;
- Efficient and cost-effective process flow, e.g. using existing CAD plans;
- Future-proofing, e.g. through compliance to BIM standard (Building Information Modelling).