Free of charge
From 15 minutes, up to 1 hour depending on the benchmark you want to do and quality of the output required.ty fo the output required.
Information on the interchange (e.g. type like central, secondary, tertiary), purpose of intervention (e.g. comfort, speed, ease of transfer, local economics, safety) and status (e.g. new build, upgrade, management change).
Guidance document / Manual Option generator
- Data gathering
- Analysis, scenarios and measure selection
- Appraisal and assessment
- Financing, procurement, legal aspects, measure implementation
- Evaluation and monitoring
- Dissemination and communication
- Exploitation and business plans
- Small cities
- Medium-sized cities
- Large cities
The European co-funded project NODES (New Tools for Design and Operation of Urban Transport Interchanges) developed a Toolbox to allow practitioners to assess and benchmark their new or upgraded interchange (multi-modal mobility hubs) and to improve its performance.
The NODES Toolbox contains a wide variety of tools:
- tools for strategic decision-makers enabling a complete diagnosis and identification of priority areas for performance-oriented interchanges,
- mobility simulation tools,
- tools addressed to info-mobility aspects enabling to enhance intermodality and liveability at urban transport interchanges,
- tools for increasing safety and security conditions,
- tools for increasing economic viability and costs efficiency of interchanges as well as
- tools for energy and environmental efficiency.
This non-exhaustive list shows that the NODES toolbox is built to support European cities’ modal interchange promoters and managers in the design and operation of new or upgraded interchanges. This way, it can provide greater support, better services, and higher satisfaction to travellers and users as well as to interchange operators and societal and economic actors that depend on the efficiency of interchange operations.
Through better interchanges, a more efficient, effective and inclusive urban transport system is created for citizens. The set of tools in the toolbox are a reference for interchange planning, design and management throughout Europe.
DTV Consultant in the frame of the NODES project/ Patrick van Egmond
p.v.egmond [at] luxmobility.eu