IMPACT: Impact assessment of interventions and new technologies in mobility systems
Consulting upon request.
Method / Approach Other Software
- Analysis, scenarios and measure selection
- Appraisal and assessment
- Evaluation and monitoring
- Rural areas
- Small cities
- Medium-sized cities
- Large cities
- Metropolitan regions
IMPACT analyses the impact of various measures in the transport sector so that they can be leveraged effectively by transport associations, infrastructure providers or planners.
They are based on AIT’s step-wise impact assessment approach:
- Working with market researchers, AIT investigates the impact of planned traffic measures on the behaviour of people from affected target groups.
- IMPACT then analyse the results in relation to the social milieus and derive clusters in terms of behavioural and change processes.
- The final impact assessment of the scenarios provides a sound basis for the selection of suitable interventions and approaches to optimise and increase transport efficiency.
With IMPACT, AIT identifies trends for future planning, achieve a high level of evidence and explanatory power of behavioural phenomena, gain knowledge about the cost-benefit ratio at an early stage and identify rebound and backfire effects.
- Reliable information on mobility interventions and their deciding impact;
- Unique focus on the analysis of transport-related human behaviour;
- Ideal cost-benefit ratio;
- Impact assessment of new technologies for types of mobility;
- Always at the cutting edge of technological progress.
- Real-time road-user information
- ITS-based enhancement of public transport
- ITS for traffic
- Parking management and pricing
- Mobility marketing and awareness raising
- Mobility Planning
- Spatial planning / land-use planning
AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
volker.alberts [at] ait.ac.at