Policy Advisory Committee
Influencing urban mobility policy in Europe
The Policy Advisory Committee (PAC) is a group of leading and dedicated elected politicians that act as an advisory board to the CIVITAS Initiative and network of cities. It convenes regularly to share experiences on sustainable urban mobility policy and interact with DG MOVE. The main activities of the PAC members are:
- Delivering policy recommendations;
- Reinforcing the liaison between the DG MOVE and the CIVITAS network of cities, as well as the CIVINET national and regional networks;
- Supporting DG MOVE in evaluating CIVITAS city applications to host the CIVITAS Forum conference, and providing input for its agenda;
- Taking part in key CIVITAS activities such as study tours, peer reviews and policy support groups;
- Ensuring and strengthening the involvement of local politicians from CIVITAS cities in the implementation of CIVITAS activities;
- Advising and supporting the organisation of CIVITAS core activities.
(+351) 229 397 130
pac [at] civitas [dot] eu
Statements constitute one of the PAC's most important outputs. Often taking the form of policy recommendations, these contribute to the work of policy makers working in urban mobility at European, national and local level. They also support the identification of CIVITAS's policy priorities and seek to mobilise industry, transport operators, and other stakeholders.