Green mobility card
Rethymno will study a business model for a “green mobility award” scheme through a Green Mobility Card in order to encourage tourists and citizens to adopt more sustainable lifestyle patterns. More use of sustainable transport modes will offer a greater number of credits!
Implementing sustainable mobility
This measure aims to deliver a feasibility study for a Green Mobility Awarding Scheme at city and prefecture level. Rethymno will search for viable business case scenarios for launching a Green Mobility Card and incentives to award tourists and residents for choosing sustainable travel options.
The Green Mobility Card concept will be also examined as a business tool for local SMEs through exchanges with stakeholders, local and regional entrepreneurs, and transport operators to evaluate its feasibility and sustainability.
The main objectives are to:
- design an attractive, self-sustaining green mobility credit scheme,
- promote sustainable modes of transportation and provide benefits both to visitors/tourists and local/regional businesses;
- develop a business tool for promoting mobility services/products of local SMEs
Planned actions include:
- Business plan development for a self-sustaining Green Mobility Card.
- The engagement of key stakeholders, PT operators, the private sector and potential sponsors.
- Dissemination of the business plan’s key elements among relevant stakeholders to encourage a sense of 'ownership' of the scheme among them.
The activities implemented so far are:
- Business plan for a self-sustained green mobility card under development.
- Consultations with key stakeholders, PT operators, local businesses and potential sponsors.
- Feasibility study of setting up and maintaining a green mobility reward scheme at regional level.