Coordinating freight movements
- Ride sharing
- Car sharing
- Bike sharing
- Ticketing and tariffs
- Service improvements
- Connected and automated transport
- Real-time road-user information
- ITS-based enhancement of public transport
- ITS for traffic
- Enhancing passenger security
- Safer roads, bike and foot paths
- Cybersecurity and data privacy
- Distribution consolidation schemes
- Fleet management
- Urban freight transport plans
The City of Trieste will introduce an efficient system of traffic data exchange and traffic control to improve the coordination of the movement of freight in and outside the port.
Implementing sustainable mobility
This will reduce congestion and increase the efficiency of freight transport.
The fibre optic network will be used to exchange data between all port operators and guide freight activities involving the port authority and local government.
It will also be used to monitor congestion, CO2, NOx, PM10, average vehicle occupancy, time wasted in port operations, and energy consumption.