The key phrase that summarizes the vision for Sustainable Mobility in the Municipality of Kalamata is: "Friendly and Resilient City". The city acquires a social character, becomes accessible and environmentally friendly, with more people walking, cycling and using public transport. The public space is being redesigned and renovated in order to be accessible to all, without discrimination and exclusion, providing the opportunity for greater social contact and interaction, as well as a better quality of life.
Based on the above vision, the priorities that have been set and the goals that need to be achieved are:
- Balanced coexistence and development of all means of transport, with particular attention to active mobility (walking and cycling)
- Equal accessibility of public spaces, particularly for vulnerable groups
- Improved road safety, with the aim of reducing accidents and injuries
- Improved parking conditions, in which illegal parking is prevented and and parking rotation in commercial areas is increased
- Increased environmental and economic efficiency of the road network, in order to reduce traffic congestion.