Standards for Developing a SUMP Action Plan
Guidance document / Manual
- Analysis, scenarios and measure selection
- Appraisal and assessment
- Dissemination and communication
- Rural areas
- Small cities
- Medium-sized cities
- Large cities
- Metropolitan regions
While support is available for local authorities in the selection of measures and measure packages, including SUMPs-Up manuals on the theme, they are nonetheless missing more precise information on how to implement these measures successfully.
The SUMP Action Plan report seeks to fill this void: it provides city planners with the step-by-step know-how necessary for the development of SUMP action plans. Furthermore, it takes into account different levels of SUMP development experience and SUMP maturity amongst cities.
The report contains the following:
- guidance in terms of what to include in an action plan, including responsibilities, resources, stakeholder coordination, time plans, and funding sources;
- a breakdown of developing an action plan into a six-step process, with the final stage of this an implementation plan;
- examples of action plan templates and a user manual;
- references to examples of good action plans.