MOVE21 is transforming cities and their surroundings into smart zero-emissions nodes for mobility and logistics via an integrated approach that considers policy, technology, infrastructure and energy.
About the project
An effective and swift transition to zero-emission and climate-resilient transport systems in Europe requires that passenger and freight transport no longer be addressed separately and in isolation from one another. Within the scope of MOVE21, this integration takes place on the following levels:
- Policy and governance: MOVE21 supports the ability of decision makers to design, deploy and monitor policies and governance models that enhance synergies between different policy and planning domains.
- Technology: MOVE21 covers a large scope of mobility solutions, which need to be adapted, combined and developed on a system level needed to achieve MOVE21 objectives.
- Infrastructure: MOVE21 seeks to find solutions that facilitate collaboration between actors across transport sectors, leveraging new services and business models.
- Vehicles and energy sources: MOVE21 supports the use of zero-emission electric vehicles or sustainable biofuel-based vehicles (heavy duty, light duty vehicles, bikes, cargo bikes, taxis, and buses) and seeks to establish and promote shared charging infrastructures.
The participating cities are categorized as follows:
Living Labs: Oslo, Gothenburg, Hamburg
Replicator cities: Munich, Bologna, Rome
Cascade cities: Bilbao, Murcia, Sofia, Stockholm, Thessaloniki, Toulouse
May 2021 - May 2025
Clean & energy-efficient vehicles
Smart, Sustainable, Connected and Shared mobility
- Real-time road-user information
- ITS-based enhancement of public transport
- ITS for traffic
- Urban freight transport plans
Integrated & inclusive planning
- Spatial planning / land-use planning
tiina.ruohonen [at] byr.oslo.kommune.no
RVergnani [at] polisnetwork.eu