SIADE - Optimization and Analysis of Transport Networks
English, German, Polish, Spanish
See website to learn more on pricing.
Smart card validations, AVL information (Automated Vehicle Location), Google Transit Feed Specification
Indicator set Method / Approach Option generator Other Software
- Data gathering
- Analysis, scenarios and measure selection
- Medium-sized cities
- Large cities
SIADE is a platform for optimization and analysis of public transport networks and passenger mobility. It's development starts from the point of view of the user experience, and seeks to make the passenger's journey quicker and more efficient.
One of the key challenges transport users face when riding on public transport is that they do not know where to get off. SIADE has developed an algorithm to target and communicate rider destination (Origin - Destination Matrix) with a success rate greater than 96%. As a result, passenger mobility patterns are reported and resources are managed more efficiently.
SIADE has three elements:
- The algorithm, which is the base of the software.
- The visor, developed using ESRI technology.
- The simulator, which helps the rider select the best travel option.
SIADE determines the best travel option by gathering data from various sources, specifically:
- Smart card validations
- AVL information (Automated Vehicle Location)
- Google Transit Feed Specification
The tool seeks to decrease the "bunching" of buses, optimize the transport network, better manage and visualize transport data from various companies and eliminate private car trips by making public transport more attractive and accessible.
- An operation dashboard with a map and charts with statistics obtained dynamically
- A map viewer built with ESRI technology with a set of tools such as:
- Evaluation of time of travel between neighborhoods
- Calculation of the number of passenger entries and exits at a stop by simulating passenger mobility
- Spatial query or Spatial Analysis on a map and big data query
- Display of the areas where bus-bunching take place along the routes
In 2017, SIADE's algorithm was transformed into a European Union project under the Horizon 2020 framework program for research and innovation, to develop SIADE software as a service (SaaS). It has completed pilots in Modena (Italy) and Oradea (Romania) and EMT Madrid.
Lead of the tool development: CH4LLENGE
cfz [at] terraintechnologies.com