CIPTEC crowdsourcing platform
English, Dutch, German, Italian
Basic option is free (open source). The PRO version costs €89/month plus €89 setup fee. The price of the fully customised GOLD version depends on the required functionalities. See http://crowdsourcing.ciptec.eu
Less than one month
It requires a good marketing strategy in order for the crowdsourcing campaign to attract many visitors.
no input required
- Data gathering
- Evaluation and monitoring
- Dissemination and communication
- Exploitation and business plans
- Rural areas
- Small cities
- Medium-sized cities
- Large cities
- Metropolitan regions
This tool allows to utilise the potentials of crowdsourcing techniques to improve innovations. Innovation has now become a more democratic process for many organisations; through the use of the internet, ideas can now come from anyone and not only from inside an organisation. Approaching “the crowd” (i.e. users and the general public) and using it to gather contributions can help organisations identify solutions to various challenges. Searching a solution to a specific problem and relying on the combined knowledge of many people may be a more effective method than the use of experts, when conditions are properly described.
The CIPTEC crowdsourcing platform is used to generate innovative ideas from different groups of individuals and stimulates dialogue and discussion among all parties involved in the public transport sector by offering the following core functionalities:
- Submit ideas: Registered users are able to submit new innovative ideas for public transport.
- Rate ideas: Registered users are able to rate existing ideas.
- Comment ideas: Registered users are able to comment on and discuss existing ideas.
- View ideas: All users are able to view ideas.
- Ticketing and tariffs
- Cleaner fleets
- Real-time road-user information
- ITS-based enhancement of public transport
- ITS for traffic
- Road pricing
- Parking management and pricing
- Mobility marketing and awareness raising
- Enhancing passenger security
- Safer roads, bike and foot paths
- Fleet management
- Spatial planning / land-use planning