SUITS built upon the capacities of Local Authorities and transport stakeholders by developing a set of tools that promote efficiency and resiliency when faced with new sustainable transport measures.
About the project
The aim of the SUITS project was to increase the capacity of Small-Medium local authorities to develop and implement sustainable, inclusive, integrated and accessible transport strategies, policies, tools, measures and intelligent transport systems that recognize the end-to-end travel experiences of all users and freight. The SUITS project stands for Sustainable Urban Integrated Transport Systems: Transferable Tools for Small-Medium local authorities.
The project outputs provided valuable tools for local authorities and policy makers by making the case for socially and economically sustainable investments in transport. SUITS targeted four key areas:
- Capacity gaps in small-medium local authorities’ knowledge and work practices
- The need for integrated urban mobility planning for both freight and passengers based on the capture and use of information relating to the diversity of active, private, public, shared and multimodal forms of transport, journey types and travellers/freight
- The need to exploit future transport technologies to enhance transport efficiency and quality of life
- The need to maximise the effectiveness and sustainability of transport measures through transferable best practice, new funding models and creation of sustainable opportunities for new business entries.
December 2016 - February 2021
This is recommended related external content and can be viewed by clicking on it. By clicking you consent to the display of external content. This enables personal data to be transmitted to third-party platforms.
Collective passenger transport & shared mobility
- Ride sharing
- Car sharing
- Bike sharing
- Service improvements
Clean & energy-efficient vehicles
- Electric vehicles
- Cleaner fleets
- Cleaner fuels
Demand & urban space management
- Access restrictions and management
- Road pricing
- Parking management and pricing
Behavioural change & mobility management
- Mobility marketing and awareness raising
- Mobility Planning
Integrated & inclusive planning
- Spatial planning / land-use planning
- Multimodal hubs
- Cooperation of policy fields and institutional stakeholders
- Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans - SUMP
adx974 [at] coventry.ac.uk
elena [at] signosis.eu