Toolbox for Public Transport Innovation
Free of charge
It takes about two hours to read the guidelines, explore the innovation list, use the dynamic generator and read about one or two selected measures.
No. A user manual will be available.
No input data required. Only the dynamic generator requires a selection of filtering criteria (context, mode, needs, objectives). Toolbox contents can be updated by users, which then have to be approved by CIPTEC administrators before going online.
Guidance document / Manual Option generator Other
- Small cities
- Medium-sized cities
- Large cities
- Metropolitan regions
The target audience of this toolbox are public transport stakeholders (operators / authorities / policy makers and decision makers) and associations of public transport users (or citizens).
The toolbox provides “introductory” texts about key principles for the introduction of innovative solutions / measures in public transport:
- guidelines how to consider the relevance of context and framework conditions to design when introducing innovative concepts and solutions,
- guidelines for the definition of a methodology (pre-feasibility, feasibility) for the introduction of innovative solutions/measures in PT and
- guidelines for the operation of innovative solutions/measures in PT in the practice.
The toolbox also allows users to identify the most promising innovations based on specific transport system components and objectives in two different modalities:
- by exploring the innovation lists;
- by the dynamic “Find a solution” generator (only in the web application):
Once an innovation is selected, the toolbox will allow users to access information on the selected measure.
The toolbox is interactive, allowing users to leave comments about or rate concepts / measures, to add new contents related to the concept / measure and to add completely new concepts. It has been designed as a living tool that is to be enhanced over time even after the end of the CIPTEC project.
Design - MemEx Development - Tero Contents and contributions from all the consortium
Lead of the tool development: CIPTEC
saverio.gini [at] memexitaly.it. The administrator contact will be available in the toolbox
0039 0586 211646