SIADE - Optimization and Analysis of Transport Networks
English, German, Polish, Spanish
since 150 000
Smart card validations. AVL information (Automated Vehicle Location). Google Transit Feed Specification
Indicator set Method / Approach Option generator Other Software
- Data gathering
- Analysis, scenarios and measure selection
- Medium-sized cities
- Large cities
The company I represent, Terrain Technologies has developed “SIADE” a platform for optimization and analysis of public transport networks and passenger mobility, which has the same objectives: "The highest quality of service with the highest efficiency.” Our development starts from the point of view of the user experience, the passenger's journey and how we could do it faster with the most appropriate means.
Which is the SIADE value?
Solve the main problem with public transport: Do not know where the riders get off. We developed an algorithm to get the destination of the passengers (Origin - Destination Matrix) with a success rate greater than 96%. This lets you know the mobility patterns of the passengers and, in addition, to make more efficient management of the resources.
SIADE has three elements:
- The algorithm, base of the software.
- The visor, with Esri´s technologies.
- Simulator, with a rate of 93%. Make to help at planner to seletct the best option in a change. The simulator gives different quantified results depending on the change.
What information is used as the data source for SIADE to solve the problems?
- Smart card validations.
- AVL information (Automated Vehicle Location).
- Google Transit Feed Specification
What problems are solved by SIADE?
- Unknown mobility pattern of passengers.The construction of fast routes favors the use of public transport networks, eliminating private car trips that pollute and are increasingly expensive. Therefore, we understood that is essential to know where the passengers get off the public transport and
- Difficulty to manage and visualize the data obtained from different concessionary companies and multimodal transport networks.
- Bus bunching occurrences.
- Lack of optimization of the transport network.
What additional features or use cases does SIADE offer?
- An operation dashboard with a map and charts with statistics obtained dynamically.
- A map viewer built with ESRI technology with a set of tools such as:
- Evaluation of time of travel between neighborhoods.
- Calculation of the number of boardings and alightings at a stop by simulating passenger mobility.
- Spatial query or Spatial Analysis on a map and big data query.
- Display the areas where bus-bunching take place along the routes
- Create service areas on stops at specific time of day by transiting a multimodal transport network
Show a big data spatio-temporal dataset (i.e.: bus-bunching, pollution, boardings, alightings, etc.) and its evolution during the day.
The evolution of the SIADE's algorithm, in 2017 turned into an European Union project under the Horizon 2020 framework program for research and innovation to develop SIADE software as a service (SaaS). We have recently finished pilots in Modena (Italy) and Oradea (Romania) and EMT Madrid. Now we start to develop product marketing.
Thanks for your attention.
Have a good day ))