As of 1 September 2023, there are 11 CIVITAS National Networks (CIVINETs) that are poised and ready to act as local CIVITAS ambassadors for their region(s) of Europe.
CIVINETs are networks of cities and institutions that promote the CIVITAS approach at the local level. Differentiated by region and clustered by language, CIVINET members work together to engage at both European and national levels on transport policy, legislation and funding. CIVINETs work independently but also cooperate with each other to share learning and experiences on sustainable urban mobility.
These 11 CIVINETs include some long-established and experienced CIVINETs, as well as newly launched networks. In alphabetical order, they are:
- CIVINET .BE (which covers Belgium)
- CIVINET Czech and Slovak Republics
- CIVINET Deutscher Sprachraum (for German-speaking regions of Europe)
- CIVINET Greece-Cyprus
- CIVINET Iberia (for Spain and Portugal)
- CIVINET Italia
- CIVINET Nederland
- CIVINET Polska
- CIVINET Romania
- CIVINET Slovenia-Croatia-Southeast Europe (which covers Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia)
- Magyar CIVINET (for Hungary)
All the CIVINETs will be participating at the Urban Mobility Days in Seville (Spain) on 4-6 October 2023. Register today for the opportunity to meet and connect with them at the CIVINET stand in the exhibition room.
Learn more about each CIVINET and their activities.
Author: Elke Franchois