Website for clean vehicles and alternative fuels
The measure aimed at providing neutral information on available clean vehicles, thus contributing to develop the market for clean vehicles.
Implementing sustainable mobility
In Sweden, consumers can get all the information they need about clean cars and alternative fuels from one website. The clean-vehicle website at www.miljofordon.se was launched with co-financing from the Trendsetter collaborative project of CIVITAS I.
The objective of the measure was to promote clean vehicles and alternative fuels by posting easily accessible information about the subject on a public website at the national level. This reinforces the efforts of Stockholm in the promotion of clean vehicles as a solution for environmental and energy priorities.
Support for buyers of clean vehicles helps accelerate market growth. The content of www.miljofordon.se includes:
- vehicle models with prices and performance specifications;
- maps showing the locations of refuelling stations and current fuel prices;
- tools enabling individual economy calculations and comparisons with corresponding fossil-fuelled models;
- calculations of environmental benefits from clean vehicles; and
- national and international legislation on clean vehicles including taxes, subsidies and benefits.
The national website was developed cooperatively by the cities of Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö, and was co-financed by Trendsetter and its CIVITAS sister project Tellus. Implementation
- Discussions and negotiations with the cities of Gothenburg and Malmö on an agreement for the portal dedicated to clean vehicles resulted in the site launch in spring 2004 and its subsequent marketing.
- Quantitative and qualitative evaluation of the portal was carried out in December 2004, and analysed in January 2005.
From its launch in May 2004, the number of visitors to the website www.miljofordon.se increased steadily and by the end of Trendsetter in 2006, the website had more than 25,000 unique visitors per month. The website has clearly contributed to the promotion of clean vehicles in cities of Sweden. The website is regarded as reliable, neutral and contains all relevant facts on clean vehicles. Since the financing within CIVITAS ended, www.miljofordon.se has been further developed and maintained by the three partner cities. It is now established as one of the most important websites in Sweden for clean vehicles.