Transport accounts for 24% of CO2 emissions in the energy sector. To address this, the European Green Deal, Europe’s Sustainable and Smart Mobility Strategy, and the New Urban Mobility Framework all aim to reduce transport related greenhouse has emissions by 90% by 2050.
The SPINE and UPPER projects are fully aligned with these initiatives. They share a goal: the seamless integration of public transportation networks with innovative mobility services, collaborative sharing programmes, active transport options, and micromobility solutions that expedite the journey towards climate neutrality. By championing this transformative approach, they are at the forefront of a revolution in public transportation, fortifying its position as a vital component of sustainable urban mobility and fostering innovation. Ultimately, these efforts will drive the shift towards a future defined by emission-free mobility.
Join the SPINE and UPPER projects on 21 September, 14:30–16:00 CEST for an online workshop moderated by Lucia Cristea (EIP), which will draw on first-hand experiences from the cities of Tallinn, Leuven, Valladolid and Budapest, all of whom are implementing measures to integrate public transport systems with new mobility services to accelerate progress towards climate neutrality. The workshop will focus on promoting the implementation of innovative public transportation solutions that save energy, and integrate mobility offerings across transport modes.
While all are invited to join this workshop, it will be particular useful for representatives of:
- Local authorities, policy makers and urban planners, to learn about new innovative mobility measures implemented in other cities.
- Mobility and micromobility companies that want to learn from first-hand innovative mobility solutions that integrate public transport and active mobility.
- Citizens and mobility NGOs
- 14:30: Brief introduction to SPINE and UPPER
- 14:40: Introduction to each city in focus
- 15:00: Round table on integrating public transport with active mobility
- 15:50: Conclusions
Should you have questions, please contact: mireia [dot] calvo [at] pnoconsultatns [dot] com (SPINE); and francesco [dot] iacorossi [at] eurocities [dot] eu (UPPER).
Author: PNO Consultants