CIVITAS invites you to join an online training session on 7 July, 09:00 – 12:30 CEST, to learn about transition management - an invaluable instrument to help foster long-term sustainable mobility change. Sign up here.
How to ensure the long-lasting success of CIVITAS/EU-funded projects? How to grow urban mobility innovation? How to manage a transition to a sustainable urban mobility in your city?
A transition is a process of fundamental and irreversible change in a society’s culture, (institutional) structures and practices. It takes between 25 to 50 years for a transition to fully materialise and involves a combination of technological and social elements.
Transition management is fundamental to help initiate and sustain long-lasting change within cities wanting to advance their urban mobility practices. It allows new ideas and approaches to be introduced to combat the inertia that often stops cities changing their approach to addressing problems. In addition, it brings an explicit focus to the break-down and phase-out of undesired technologies, cultures and practices.
What you will learn?
In this training, you will be introduced to the transition management concept and to tools that help you in your mobility projects, experiments and pilots. After completing this training, you will:
- Understand the transition management concept and its relevance
- Understand how it could be used in an urban mobility context
- Understand mechanisms that could be used to improve the chances of long-lasting success of CIVITAS/ EU projects, experiments and pilots.
Who should participate?
All of those that are involved in the following activity type:
- Urban mobility innovation
- Developing and/or creating acceptance for active, sustainable and/or inclusive transport initiatives
- Sustainable urban mobility planning
- Process and project management
- Exploiting CIVITAS and EU project results and other experiments that contribute to sustainable mobility
The programme for this training session (subject to change)
- Welcome and introduction
- City case presenting the transition management added value and results
- Transition management introduced
- Transition management applied
- Group work
- Conclusions and wrap-up.
The programme elements will be delivered through a mix of expert presentations, plenary discussions and interactive working forms and group work.
The training runs from 9:00 - 12:30 CEST on 23 June and it is recommended that participants plan in a 15-minute buffer after this in case there is a lot to debate! Participants are invited to start logging into the platform from 8:45 onwards.
Our experienced team will ensure a unique online training experience. This training session will be delivered by:
- Gijs Diercks | DRIFT | Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Sofie Rottiers | City of Ghent | Ghent, Belgium
- Teije Gorris | DTV Consultants & CIVITAS ELEVATE | Breda (the Netherlands)
- Kim Heerkens | DTV Consultants & CIVITAS ELEVATE| Breda (the Netherlands)
How can you enrol?
Registration is easy – go this link -https://civitas-learningcentre.talentlms.com- then follow the steps below:
Step 1: Create a user account
- Go to the top right and click: "sign up" to create a user account. Note that you are in charge of your account. If you would like to delete it after the training, then you can do so.
- Once you have completed the form, click "create account".
- You will be requested to confirm your account by email. Check your inbox and spambox for an automatically generated email.
- After confirmation you have created an account
Step2: Enrol in the training session of your choice
- Log in using your credentials
- Select the training(s) of your choice and click “get this course”
Step 3: Get informed and prepared
- Once you have enrolled, you will be able to access the relevant login information to the training session that we will organize in Zoom.
Other relevant information will be made available in the platform.
Author: Richard Adams