Gaziantep's urban mobility is an inclusive planning process by including the public and all stakeholders to provide a better quality of life for the inhabitants of the city. It aims to develop a people-oriented transport system that is accessible and affordable for all, and that offers environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable and innovative options. Gaziantep is a metropolitan city with a population of 2,130,432. While it is a center of attraction with its history, culture, and cuisine, it is one of the major points of trade thanks to its developed industry.
- Strategies in Gaziantep Transportation Master Plan;
- Improving public transport,
- Prioritizing public transit vehicles,
- Deterring private car use,
- Putting forward pedestrian and bicycle road suggestions,
- Developing transportation information technologies,
- Conducting road and intersection arrangements,
- Enabling accessibility for the disabled,
- Utilizing vehicles that are less harmful to the environment,
These strategies comply with Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs).
Changing the mobility habits of the citizens as well as the topographical and geographical features of the city are the challenges for mobility.