JIVE & MEHRLIN: Performance Assessment Handbook
Web based SoFi Software
Data related to operational assessment of fuel cell hydrogen buses and related infrastructure (hydrogen refueling stations)
Guidance document / Manual Indicator set Method / Approach Software
- Data gathering
- Analysis, scenarios and measure selection
- Appraisal and assessment
- Financing, procurement, legal aspects, measure implementation
- Evaluation and monitoring
- Dissemination and communication
- Exploitation and business plans
- Small cities
- Medium-sized cities
- Large cities
- Metropolitan regions
To be able to monitor and assess to which degree targets are achieved, operating data need to be collected, compiled, and evaluated on a steady and coherent basis. This Performance Assessment Handbook is the basis of all monitoring and analysis activities of the JIVE and MEHRLIN fuel cell hydrogen bus operations. It thus:
- Defines the performance indicators for assessing hydrogen infrastructure and fuel cell bus performance, also in comparison to reference technology (buses with internal combustion engines) as well as to those of other novel drivetrains (notably long range electric buses).
- Defines the descriptive parameters and data points required to calculate indicator figures.
- Explains the frequency of data collection and related details.
- Determines the necessary data structures and formats.
- Defines roles and responsibilities for data collection and performance evaluation.
- The descriptive parameters characterise the deployed hardware, such as the nominal pressure and efficiency of an electrolyser etc. They are usually collected once.
- The data points are the items to be monitored during demonstration. The operating data are collected at the data points. They are recorded regularly, typically daily (e.g. the distance traveled by a bus) or per event (the amount of hydrogen refuelled to a bus).
- The performance indicator values are calculated using the operating data and selected descriptive parameters.
Key Performance Indicators are subsets from the complete lists of bus and infrastructure performance indicators. For the Key Performance Indicators, the work programmes of the two projects state target figures, such as a minimum efficiency of on-site hydrogen generation and a maximum hydrogen consumption of the buses per 100 km traveled.