Improve overall urban accessibility
Reduce congestion and journey delays
Tourism trends in Malta are extended in the traditional shoulder months. The mobility system must therefore be adapted to deal with emerging demands.
Reduce energy consumption
Reduce emissions/ increase air quality
- Economy-sharing driven mobility solutions
- Switching to less polluting transport modes
- Creating a modal shift from land to sea transport modes
Improve cost effectiveness and integration of transport and mobility services
Development of business models to guarantee the financial viability and lasting impacts of the measures
Replicate & Disseminate
- Working group representing over 150 cities ®ions following the project as observers;
- Links to China, to strengthen international cooperation;
- Dissemination locally to replicate innovative green mobility measures outside the Valletta region
Approach for Malta
The project tests and develops intelligent sustainable transport solutions aiming to improve quality of life, urban accessibility, to reduce emissions and energy consumption and to improve cost effectiveness and integration of transport services.
Measures tested within this project will be taken on as valuable experience to be built on and adopted on a national level post-project. All measures to be piloted will be monitored and assessed in view of their eventual inclusion in the SUMP to be compiled as part of this project.