The city introduced website, the so-called portal of safe routes, with particular focus on the elementary schools. On a yearly basis each school examines and, if necessary, updates its safe routes plans. Teachers are trained by City Council for Prevention and Education in Road Traffic.
The main objectives:
- To make routes to school safer for the most vulnerable-children:
- Elimination of dead and severely injured children on their way to and from school: approaching the zero objective;
- To ensure the safety of elementary school pupils from the 49 elementary schools and four special educational institutions in Ljubljana;
- To provide permanent assistance for the weakest participants in road traffic;
- Portal of safe routes, available at http://solstvo.gis.ljubljana.si.