The City of Brno completed the proposal of a park and ride system. Different possible localities were chosen for implementing this system in conjunction with city officials.
- Optimise the use of suitable space by static traffic using ITS
- Change the ratio of individual and public transport in favour of public transport
- Develop a solution to connect P&R car parks (built using SMB funds) to public transport
- Introduce a unified system for gathering traffic and operational data, including transfer of data to the BKOM Central Technical Management Centre and provision of the data to the Traffic Information Centre
- Introduction of the new P&R parking system in the frame of currently constructed city parking system
- Solution for transfer connections of P&R and PT
- Public transport support model
- Higher quality of transport subsystems coexistence
- New tool for gathering information concerning parking options in the city of Brno
This measure will involve the selection of a suitable place for building a P&R parking system, as well as the selection of the contractor and infrastructure of the parking space to be constructed.