The CIVITAS Thematic Group Collective Passenger Transport supported the Government of Catalonia and the association of Catalan cities dealing with sustainable mobility AMTU in the organisation of a thematic workshop on demand-responsive transport services (DRTS).
The thematic group members and representatives of the CIVITAS cities of Bologna, Genova and Parma presented their experiences and provided recommendations on how to develop and manage on demand/flexible public transport services in both urban and sub-urban areas.
AMTU has recently updated a study on the topic and is now working at the establishment of a DRTS Central Management Unit to coordinate and implement flexible services in Catalonia.
The workshop was held in Barcelona on 1st of July whereas a dialogue is open on our platform CIVITAS Interactive
9h30: Opening and welcome messages
- Pere Padrosa i Pierre. General Director Transport and Mobility Department. Government of Catalonia
- Josep Mayoral i Antigas. Vicepresident of AMTU and Mayor of Granollers
- Josep Perpinyà i Palau. President of the Regional Council Baix Llobregat
- Marc Castells i Berzosa. Deputy director of Infrastructures, Urbanism and Housing at Barcelona Provincial Council
10h00: The experience of the Territorial and Sustainability Department
10h45: Results of the study on DRTS in the Province of Barcelona and AMTU cities
11h30: Coffee break
12h00: National and International experiences
- The conversion of a public transport line in a service on demand. Marina Muntada. Municipality of Castellar del Vallès
- The service taxi a la demanda d’Alella. Anna Fernàndez i Amela. Municipality of Alella
- Comparison and evolution of demend-responsive transport, 10 years of experience. Maria Ángeles Garcia. GMV
- CIVITAS Thematic Group Collective Passenger Transport. Cosimo Chiffi. CIVITAS Initiative
14h00: Conclusions and closing message by Ricard Font i Hereu, Secretary Infrastructures and Mobility Department