Most of the urban structure problems currently present in Larnaca are the result of the rapid growth that the city has experienced in recent years. The mobility objectives of the Municipality are:
- To promote the centrality of the CBD and its economic and tourism activities thus avoiding specialization.
- To rationalize and decrease the use of private transport within the CBD, namely:
- To allow cohabitation of traffic with the different social activities.
- To adapt air quality and noise levels to the limits fixed by EU regulations.
- To establish a ring network system to deal with through pass movements.
- To promote sustainable means of transportation (Public Transport – Bicycle – On foot), by:
- Increasing the attractiveness as well as the competitiveness of Public Transport.
- Increasing road safety and infrastructures for pedestrians and cyclists.
- To define a parking policy with higher fares to regulate the demand and use