The Abu Dhabi Surface Transport Master Plan (ADSTMP) comprises a comprehensive set of policies and plans for passenger and freight transport, to reflect leading international practice, which will deliver a world class sustainable transport system supporting Abu Dhabi`s environmental, economic and cultural goals. A Transportation Mobility Management Strategy (TMM) has been produced and is now being implemented.
The main goal of the TMM strategy is the identification and realisation of more sustainable travel in line with the ADSTMP and Vision 2030.
The overall Transport Mobility Management goals are to:
- Encourage a change of attitude and behavior towards greater use of sustainable modes of transport, for example, public transport, collective transport, walking and cycling;
- Establish a framework for site specific TMM plans in Abu Dhabi;
- Improve access to public transport for all people and organizations by strengthening the conditions for sustainable transport modes;
- Satisfy mobility needs via a more efficient and integrated use of existing and planned transport and land-use infrastructure;
- Reduce traffic growth and congestion by achieving a mode shift from private motorised vehicle trips to a more efficient and sustainable mode of transport;
- Create an efficient multimodal public transport network that will facilitate the interconnection and interoperability of associated transport networks; and
- Increase the economic efficiency of Abu Dhabi’s entire transport system.