CIVINET Activity Fund
The CIVITAS Activity Fund is a programme that supports the uptake of sustainable urban mobility measures in Europe by providing financial assistance for specific activities of the CIVITAS National Networks (CIVINETs). Read more about the CIVINETs here.
Activities that are funded via the CIVINET Activity Fund add value to the CIVITAS Initiative’s main assets. They address aspects such as making transport systems and cities more resilient and better prepared to address the negative consequences of disruptive/unexpected events, and/or to improve the accessibility and connectivity of vulnerable and excluded communities and social groups. Activities that contribute to realising cleaner and better transport in cities are also of interest, particularly when they aid the implementation of the European Commission’s Green Deal policy and other strategies.
Additionally, the CIVINET Activity Fund supports CIVINETs with:
- The deployment of innovative mobility solutions in cities through local capacity-building and training.
- Engagement and networking of stakeholders at the local level, so as to overcome language and contextual barriers.
- Involvement of CIVITAS cities in the CIVITAS network.
- Partnering of cities with industry and civil society, in navigating through transition and change.
CIVITAS ELEVATE, the CIVITAS 2020 Coordination and Support Action, and administrator of the CIVINET Activity Fund Call has launched the following two Calls:
- The CIVINET Activity Fund Call 2020 closed on 28 September 2020, and provided a total of EUR 100,000 in order to finance the CIVINETs’ proposed activities for the period December 2020 – November 2021.
- The CIVINET Activity Fund Call 2021 closed on 30 September 2021, and will provide funding for the period of November 2021 – August 2022.